Tmall is the fastest growing and largest eCommerce website in the World. Total transaction volume in China’s ecommerce spending for 2014 as a whole looks set to top $300 billion. With Tmall equating for 51% of the overall ecommerce market there is no doubt that Tmall offers a great opportunity for any business willing to take the step to move in to the Chinese market. Asia Ecommerce offers an unparreled service which enables the client to begin trading on the Tmall platform in a quick and effective manner.
Ecommerce Global Tmall Trust
In order to answer the recent growth of Chinese consumer spending power, Tmall Global - the international division of Taobao Tmall [http://www.tmall.hk] aims at providing quality international goods to domestic consumers, with the slogan: 100% foreign original authentic, 100% foreign merchants, 100% domestic return. This demand for authentic foreign goods has been one of the main driving forces behind the success of Tmall Global, and that is why Tmall assures only original authentic goods can be traded on the site which in turn means the suppliers are secure in the knowledge there goods will not be able to be counterfeited and sold at a low price point.
What type of Tmall shops are on offer
Tmall is split down in to 4 kinds of shops, priority is always given to the producer of the goods, however if a business has a distribution contract or a right to sell in the area this is also permitted.
Types of Stores on TMall Global
Below are some of the business requirements for registering a Tmall store:
|Target consumers||Main land China|
|Legal Entity / Tax registration||Outside of China|
|Cooperate bank account||Home country bank account|
|Warehouse||Outside of China|
|Shipment and delivery||Over sea direct to customer|
|Commission charge on sales||3% to 6%|
|Consumer protection fee [onetime fee]||25,000 USD|
|Technical maintenance fee [per annum]||5,000 - 10,000 USD|
Operating Process Requirements
1. Products: they must be genuine, with certificate of origin and pass Chinese custom clearance.
2. Product labelling: all of the products must carry a label with product information in Chinese such as product description, international metric measurements and Chinese “wang wang” service information.
3. Logistics services: delivery should be completed within 72 hours by either personal direct deliver or from mainland China Free Trade Zone to the hands of consumers. Tracking delivery system is also required.
4. Service: Returns must done in mainland China.
5. Customer service: must be implemented locally within China
What we do
• Management of Tmall and Alipay licencing and registration process.
• Training and consultancy to client of Tmall.
• Front-end shop decoration, UI, and UX design.
• Integration of payment processing, security certificates, and trust symbols.
• Product photography.
• Product listing
• Chinese language customer support (call centre and email).
• Integration between individual Platforms order handling system and client warehouse management system.
• Daily order processing, fulfilment, and logistics.
• Digital marketing/promotion planning and implementation including ROI optimization.
• Regular renewal of shop decoration and design.
• Ecommerce data mining and analysis, including sales and performance optimisation.